Friday, May 7, 2010

It's the Easter season for blogs, too.

I'm resurrecting my blog in anticipation of some future events. Starting in July, I will be serving my internship year at King of Kings Lutheran Church in Fairfax, Virginia. I intend to use this blog as a resource for sermon planning (with the help of some good friends). I may also include some general reflections on life as "Vicar Jennie." Stay tuned for that, as well as some sermons I'll be writing in June for a supply preaching job.

In the meantime, it's the last week of the semester. Still on my plate: a paper about the economic implications of Job 29:7-20 (with accompanying sermon), a sermon and Bible study about stewardship in Paul's letters, a final exam for my Systematic Theology class, and a "microteaching" (class presentation) about using genre to understand the Bible better.

No comments: