Wednesday, May 27, 2009

An Open Letter

Hello everyone.

I am posting this because today was my second day of CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education). CPE is one of the required field education experiences for my seminary program; it's basically a hospital chaplaincy internship. I am working at York Hospital full time from now until August 7. Tomorrow I will get to choose my "service line" (medical, surgical, oncology, cardiovascular, or behavioral health), which will be my main focus for the summer, in addition to on-call work in the Emergency Department. My first 24-hour on-call is June 4.

I just wanted to let you all know what I'm up to, and to apologize in advance for dropping off the radar for the whole summer. By the time I get home from York (sometime between 5:30 and 6:00, when I'm not on call), I will probably only have enough energy to cook dinner and fall into bed. CPE is a very intensive program in many respects, and while I am excited about the learning opportunity, I doubt that I will have much time or energy to stay in touch with people.

So, wish me the best, and I'll try to post updates now and then if I'm able.

-Jennie

No comments: