Monday, January 12, 2009

New Year, New Term, New Blog Post

Hello all! I'm back from vacation: rest, relaxation, and many hours of my life devoted to playing Mass Effect. I started my J-term class today—Music of Spiritual and Religious Formation. Hopefully Dr. Folkemer will forgive me for saying so, but it's a music appreciation class. We're going to learn about different kinds of music in different times and places, from Gregorian chant to black Gospel to Taize to Asian music, while considering how music affects spirituality and religion. But at the end of the day, it's a class where we sit around and listen to music. It'll be a nice, relaxing way to spend J-term. Oh yeah, and we have to write a ten-page paper when we're finished. I guess you can't win 'em all...

While I was on blogging hiatus, I decided to do things a little bit differently here this semester. I'm still interested in posting and keeping you all up-to-date with my seminary experiences, but the amount of time the blog has been taking up has been pretty substantial. I've decided to go to updating twice a week instead of three times a week. That means less time commitment for me, and fewer lame filler posts for you all. Look forward to new posts Mondays and Fridays!

No comments: